- New home page look coming soon!
Camping Gear Guides & Reviews
Any worthwhile camping gear guide is going to cover a wide range of equipment.
From pocketknives to tents, we have your back!
Everyday Carry Guides & Reviews
Plenty of brands make great everyday carry gear, but what works best fo r you? Our EDC reviews will help you figure it out!
New to EDC? Learn what everyday carry is here, first!
Camp Spotlights & Tips
Learn about the best places to camp in the United States! We’ll cover the best gear to bring, how to prep, and what to watch out for when you arrive.
California Camping News
Strictly non-partisan, objective coverage of camping news in California: park updates, legislation, and more!
- Trayvax Web Belt Review: Is It a Good EDC Belt?Unless you’re new to the world of everyday carry (“wait! I am, what is everyday carry?”), you’re probably well aware of Trayvax. The brand’s been around for about a decade and is well known for its wallets. But what about their other gear? And more specifically, how does the Trayvax web belt perform in the […]
- Debunking Terrible Camping Hacks, Tips, & Tricks: Vol. 1Our first volume of debunking the “best camping hacks” that are actually terrible!
- The Best Tent Fan: Are Ryobi Fans Good for Camping?Tent fans are great an all, but can a Ryobi fan serve the same purpose? The Renegade Camping & EDC team explains!
- The Hydro Flask Cooler Cup: Is It the Best Koozie for Camping?Are Hydro Flask cooler cups good for camping? Are they good at all? Check out our review!
- Victorinox Knives Review: The Victorinox Classic SDVictorinox knives are known for their quality, but are all Swiss Army knives good? We review the Victorinox Classic SD!
- California Governor Announces Plans for New State Park in the San Joaquin ValleyCalifornia camping news: Governor Gavin Newsom announced that Dos Rios will become the first new State Park in 13 years.
- Are MREs Good for Camping?The Renegade Camping & EDC team finds out if MREs are good for camping!
- The Takeya Cold Brew Maker: Is It Good for Camping?Can you make cold brew on a camping trip? The Renegade Camping & EDC team reviews the Takeya cold brew maker!
- Who Makes the Best Water Bottle: Hydro Flask vs. YETI Rambler?The Renegade Camping team finds which water bottle brand is better: Hydro Flask vs. YETI!
- Gerber Multi-Tool Reviews: The Gerber SuspensionGerber multi-tool review: Is the budget-friendly Gerber Suspension worth it for everyday carry or camping?
- Kershaw Knives Review: The Kershaw BlurDoes the Kershaw Blur stand above other Kershaw knives? Is it good for EDC? Camping? We find out!
- Camping News: Californians Can Now Get a Free, One-Day Vehicle Pass for State Parks From Any State LibraryVisitors to California state libraries can now check out a free, one-day vehicle pass that is usable at over 200 California State Parks.
- Camp Spotlight: Carrizo Plain National Monument, CaliforniaIs Carrizo Plain National Monument good for camping? Check out our full guide!
- Gear Spotlight: The USMC KA-BAR KnifeThe USMC KA-BAR combat knife is a classic, but is it good for camping or everyday carry? The Renegade Camping team finds out!
- Camping Gear Guides: Are Waterproof Electric Lighters Any Good?Curious about the flood of waterproof electric lighters that are flooding the market? We explore whether they’re a worth addition to your kit!
- Everyday Carry Review: The Trayvax Original 2.0 Metal Wallet — Is It Worth It?Trayvax wallet review: is the Trayvax Original 2.0 metal wallet good for everyday carry? The Renegade Camping team finds out!
- Everyday Carry: What Is It + What’s the Best EDC Gear?What is everyday carry and what is the best EDC gear? We have your back with our quick, beginner’s guide!
- Great Camping Apps to Download Before a TripThe “best camping apps” might sound like a paradox, but smartphones can still be valuable tools while camping!
Check Out Our Archives!
- Debunking Terrible Camping Tips
- Beginner’s Guide to Camping
- Camping Gear: Pack Leashes Harness & Leash
- Camp Spotlight: Bullhead City, AZ
- Best Everyday Carry Knife Brands
- Camp Spotlight: Lopez Lake, CA